Ways to Support
There are many ways that you can support the Museum.
- Donate - The Museum is a partnership between Sutter County and the Community Memorial Museum Commission, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. The Commission supports all of the public programming aspects of the Museum, including education programs, fundraising events, temporary exhibits, updates to permanent exhibits, and the Museum Store. Donations may be made to the County or to the Commission to support the Museum. Donations made to the Commission are tax deductible
- Membership - Our members are vital to the success of the Museum. The funds we raise from this program help us to properly care for our collection, bring in traveling exhibits, and provide education programs. Membership benefits include: advance notice of events and exhibit openings, a 10% discount in the Museum Store, and subscriptions to both the Museum's newsletter, Muse News, and to the Historical Society's Bulletin.
- Fundraisers - We have two annual fundraisers, the Pig Roast and Trees & Traditions. For more information please visit the Community Memorial Museum's Events and Fund Raisers page.
Corporate sponsorships are available for our events.
- Museum Store - The Museum Store is one of the few stores in Yuba City that carries a great selection of gift items and books. Many of the items in the store are handmade by artisans up and down the West Coast, with an emphasis on California-made.
- Volunteering - We would not be able to do what we do without our volunteers. We are always looking for more volunteers, so if you are interested please contact us or come by the Museum!
- Commission - The Commission is a 501(c)(3) organization that serves in a fundraising and advisory capacity. Commissioners are appointed by the Sutter County Board of Supervisors, and serve for 4 years. If you are interested in serving as a Commissioner, please contact the Museum Director.