Firewood Cord Calculator
As a service to our local firewood consumers, the Sutter County Department of Agriculture provides an online firewood cord calculator
for determining the acuracy of your firewood delivery. A typical stack of firewood will measure 48" x 48" x 96" to equal 221,184 cubic inches
or 128 cubic feet. A cord must equal 128 cubic feet to be considered a full cord of firewood.
- Before using this calculator, you will need take at least three measurements for each dimension of the stack to derive an average for each dimension (width, height and length).
- Enter the number of firewood cords purchased and the price per cord paid.
- Click the "Next" button to enter dimensions for each stack.
- Enter the average inches for each dimension in the appropriate box for each stack.
- Click the "Calculate" button to get the total number of cords and dollar overcharge or undercharge.
For more information regarding cord measurements or to file a complaint visit the Sutter County Department of Agriculture
Weights and Measures website
or call (530) 822-7500.
(all dimensions are in inches)